CRC-Evans® is the industry's largest manufacturer of pipeline construction equipment. Designed in-house to precise customer specifications, our welding machines, pipe bending equipment, end prep equipment, clamps, padding/crushing equipment, weighting systems, and laybarge equipment have been used to complete more than 60,000 miles of pipeline in more than 100 countries.
CRC-Evans builds today's most comprehensive line of onshore and offshore pipeline construction equipment. All equipment is manufactured within a Quality Management System certified to the internationally recognized ISO 9001:2008 standard and CRC-Evans' own Quality Policy.
For pipe from 32" (813mm) to 42" (1067mm), CRC-Evans offers state-of-the-art bending machines:
- Hydraulic controls give one operator complete command of all machine operations from a convenient platform.
- Hydraulically driven winch moves pipe through the machine. Pipe moves easily on contoured rollers.
- Calibrated indicator rod allows operator to make consistently uniform bends.
- Pin-up shoe automatically grips pipe to prevent distortion.
- Conversion to another pipe size within machine range is made simply by fitting an alternative bending set.
- Machine is capable of bending all grades of currently available API-5L pipe within its range.
- Machine frame constructed from high-strength steel to ensure long life without fatigue failure.
- Unitized construction makes for easy maintenance and repair.
- Towing eye is attached to hydraulically actuate stiff back and may be raised and lowered to facilitate attachment to towing tractor.
- Machine may be towed on the right-of-way by a suitable tractor (normally the side boom feeding the pipe to the bending machine).
- For each pipe size to be bent, a bending set, bending die, mandrel, and bending belt are required.